This charming French-Provencal homestead lies on the bank of the Klein River with lovely lush lawns sloping down to the water and a view of the mountains beyond the village.
The home is full of old world charm, with its period furniture, large sash windows, wooden shutters, screeded floors and carefully selected country décor, yet provides everything you need in the way of modern convenience for a comfortable stay. With direct access to the river, guests can enjoy swimming, kayaking and boating on this pristine stretch of water with its lush banks and abundant bird life. The home also provides a wonderful entertainment area under a covered patio, as well as a large pool. While there is much to do in and around Stanford, River’s Edge is the kind of place that you may not want to leave at all, with its privacy, quietness, comfort and beautiful natural surroundings.
- River frontage
- French doors leading to covered patio
- English country garden
- Bose ipod docking station
- Fully alarmed
- Full DSTV package ( no need to bring own card)
- Hot outside shower
- Log-burning fireplace in cosy lounge
- Ideal family country retreat
- Swimming Pool
- Scullery with washing machine and dishwasher
- Breathtaking views of garden, mountains and river
- There is a jetty right in front of our house, on the River’s Edge, which can be used to moor a boat. Boats can be launched 100 m upriver at the Public slipway. The jetty facilities are shared with neighbours.
- 2 kayaks for use by guest
- pets allowed on request
Main Bedroom (Upstairs):
• King size bed with mosquito net
• En-suite Victorian bathroom with bath and shower
• Balcony leading off the bedroom
Bedroom 2 (Downstairs):
• Double bed
• En-suite bathroom
Bedroom 3 (Downstairs):
• Double bed
• Shared bathroom with shower
• Garden view
Bedroom 4 (Downstairs):
Double bunk beds
Shared bathroom with shower
2 small trundle beds with mattresses can be supplied for children up to 6 years of age – no bedding provided.
Camp Cot and High Chair can also be supplied.
Sleeps up to 8 adults and 2 extra children up to 6 years of age on request.
- Low Season: R1980 per night (week) / R2420 per night (weekend)
Mid Season: R2640 per night (week) / R3080 per night (weekend)
High Season: R3300 per night (week) / R3740 per night (weekend)
Peak Season: R4180 per night (week) / R4620 per night (weekend)
• Minimum 2 nights accommodation
• Minimum of 7 nights during Peak Season
• 50% deposit secures booking / full payment due one month before arrival
- We charge a once-off cleaning and linen fee of R600 per stay as well as a refundable breakage deposit.
- We offer discount on stays longer than 5 nights (excluding Peak Season).
Please remember that rates are a guide and subject to change. Please re-confirm rates when booking.