STAY IN STANFORD
Overlooked by a majestic mountain range, hugged by the Klein Rivier running through it, and just 15 minutes from the ocean, Stanford is a charming and tranquil hidden gem in the Overberg. A heritage village steeped in history that echoes of the slow-paced times of yesteryear while sounded by the incredible natural beauty of floral kingdoms, mountain walks, pristine beaches, and ancient forests through which to connect and realign.
Ideally positioned for couples and families looking for a laid-back, slow paced getaway in a quaint and historic village that resonates community living in a sustainable way through fresh food markets, artisanal home-grown products and home baked goods.
Stanford River Lodge
Blue Gum Country Estate
Bellavista Country Place
White Water Farm
Garden Grill at White Water Farm
Rotary Club of Stanford District 9350
Medical & Emergencies
Jazzman Andrew Herriot
- Create and Evaluate Social Media Strategies. Use social media analytics tools to tweak social strategies based on findings.
- Social Media management. Along with the daily management of your platforms, dedicated campaigns with specific objectives and targets assist in increasing your reach, penetrating new networks and bringing awareness to various promotions. Targeted campaigns, partnered with online advertising can ensure that the right content reaches the right audience
- Influencer Facilitation, We are all for making friends! By saying that we mean, the right friends with the right audience! The more online influencers we can collaborate with for campaigns, promotions and online projects, the more new people we get to meet and be introduced to. There are so many opportunities online to work collaboratively with tourism stakeholders, partner with like-minded products and initiatives in order to amplify your message and reach new eyes and ears.
- Email Marketing / Newsletters : A strategic communication plan, (of which your newsletter is one element), will ensure that you reach your objectives and that the time spent developing your content shows a return through engagement and action.
- Content Generation: We have a copywriter and PR arm that can generate topical and effective content as and when needed. Add to this a planned content matrix that includes various stimuli and content that is meaningful to encourage engagement.
- Digital Advertising: Online advertising is a great compliment to your existing online presence. Drive targeted campaign traffic, or engage in awareness or reminder advertising.
Stanford Veterinary Clinic
Brochure Management Overberg
Grant Anderson Architecture
Stanford Conservation Trust + Heritage Committee
Rural Education South Africa
Schools in and around Stanford
Withers Antique and Decor
St Thomas Anglican Church
Dutch Reformed Church/NG Kerk
DivineByDesign Stanford (aka Divine Cupcake Overberg) specialises in artisanal wedding cakes for the Overberg wedding facilities from Hemel-en-Aarde through to Baardskeedersbos. Divine also makes celebration cakes for birthdays etc. You can view Divine Cupcake Overberg on Facebook or @Divinecupcake777 on instagram. Alternatively email Caro @ email@example.com or
call 0824480237 for further information.
- •Main bedroom – King size bed with shower in bath & toilet
- •Second bedroom – Double bed with shower & toilet
- •Third bedroom (Semi-detached) – Queen bed with shower & toilet
- •Cottage sleeps 3 couples
- •TV is provided with Open View HD
- •The pool is unprotected
- •Under-cover shade cloth parking for 1 car – with lockable front gates
- •Garden perimeter is fenced
- •Maximum of 2 dogs are welcome- please ensure they do not disturb the neighbours when unattended
- •Basic internet WIFI service provided
- •Open hearth wood fire
- •Cottage is equipped with a monitored alarm
- •Cottage location : 34º 26.18 S / 19º 27.03 E
- •Strictly NO SMOKING indoors
- •Any queries please contact – Dave on 083 252 1865 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pilates, Life Coaching, Couples Counselling and Emotional Freedom Technique
Goodwill Mountain Farm
Eikenhoff Orchid Nursery
Eikenhoff Orchid Nursery overlooks the sleepy little town called Stanford, close to Hermanus in the Western Cape. The nursery specialises in exotic orchid plants and is co-owned by Debra and Pierre Martheze. We supply a number of retail and wholesale nurseries across South Africa. The Eikenhoff team regularly attend various expos and Orchid Society Shows.
Laina Spirit Woman - Shaman
African Tree Essences & Mists
Milkwood Spa at Mosaic
Stanford Bird Club
Food 4 Thought
Antjies Handmade Naturals
Stormsriver Adventures (Tsitsikamma Forest)
African Horse Company
Yoga Here Now with Leli
Bodhi Khaya Retreat
Walker Bay Nature Reserve
Southern Right Charters
The Giant Periwinkle Wines
Lomond Wine Estate
- The Tasting Room @Lomond which overlooks the 100ha Lomond Dam and provides guests with unparalleled views of the farm, vineyards and valley. This chic but relaxed venue was created and decorated using wood, leather and steel. Various lounging areas are available, either for a quick tasting or for enjoying a more laid-back afternoon with friends. Food platters are available and include local cheese, charcuterie and the best of local produce.
- The Milkwoods @Lomond is set among one of the region’s last surviving ancient Milkwood forests. This unique venue is situated just below the Lomond Dam and provides a naturally enclosed venue which is sheltered from the summer heat.
Land Based Whale Watching
Vaalvlei Wine Tasting & Trout Fishing
Hermanus Whale Cruises
Dyer Island Cruises
White Shark Adventures
Mike Rutzen's Shark Diving Unlimited
Self Drive Wine Route
Sir Robert Stanford Estate
Walker Bay Estate and Birkenhead Brewery
The Harvest Basket
Stanford Sunset Market
Stanford Hills Estate
- Brunia & Sylvia Cottages: Sleeps 4 (1 double, 1 twin): Shower, no bath.
- The Manor House: (Sleeps 11) Manor house has 5 bedrooms inside the house as well as an additional separate unit with en-suite bathroom. Each wing has a shared full bathroom. Obviously if there are two/ three lots of guests they would have to share the living room, dining room, kitchen, patio and pool. If guests require cleaning service we need to know in advance (R80 for morning service or R150 for full day). DSTV turned on – there will be a small charge costs of disconnection/ reconnection with Multichoice. Rates on request.
Spend 3 nights at Africamps for only R2990 for 2 adults sharing until 3 September. Week-ends nightly rate is R1190pn for 2 adults sharing The Tasting Room Restaurant is open daily.ACTIVITIES There are hiking trails set out on the farm and horse riding is also available. WEDDINGS & EVENTS Host to many popular annual events such as The Stanford Stumble – there is always something happening at Stanford Hills! The ideal venue for a wedding or your next function.
Springfontein Wine Estate
Springfontein Ulumbaza Wine Bar(n)
Panorama Restaurant - Bellavista Country Place
Misty Mountains Estate
Manor House Restaurant
Klein River Cheese Farmstead
Funimfundo pre school
African Queen Cruises
Wandelpad / Walking Trail (LINK TO MAP!)
Stanford Health Practice
Mary-Lynne Grant - Jain Acupressure and Magnet Therapy
Ivanhoe Sea Safaris
Don Gelato ice cream parlour, coffee shop & trattoria
Family Dinner Music and Entertainment: The Events are promoted at The House of Don Gelato
De Hoop Nature Reserve
Overberg Honey Co.
River Rat Boat Cruise & Canoe Hire
Saturday Morning Market
Witkrans self catering cottage
Walshacres Riverside Self Catering
Villa on the Bay
Tranquility Garden Suite
The Stanford Getaway
The Last Resort
- children’s parties:
- children’s camps and live music concerts.
- Also available for private functions. We have a large sturdy stage with good lighting, a dance area, shaded areas, a large, living labyrinth, a straw-bale dome and a comfortable tipi.
- Also a lovely dam and within walking distance to the village of Stanford.